Pupils at The King’s School, Ottery St Mary are proposing a new shared use cycleway which follows the old railway track starting at Feniton through to Ottery St Mary. This will eventually link up with a continuation through Tipton St John and onto Sidmouth. This web site is used to help you access up-to-date information about progress.
Latest – Communinty and Challenge Bike Rides Report
A report on these two bike rides is now on-line.
Feasibilty Study Published
Sustrans have published a Feasibiliy Study into the Otter Valley Trail. Paul Hawkins, the Devon Area Manager for Sustrans, writes:
In The News
- May 2014: Community Bike Ride Report
- April 2014: Sustrans publish a Feasibility Study on the Otter Valley Trail
- October 2013: Claire Wright reports on the Family Fun Ride in our Newsletter
- October 2013: Family Fun Ride
- August 2013: Jo Elliot pens the latest Newsletter
- July 2013: The Otter Trail is featured in the Express and Echo
- July 2013: The Ottery Gazette publishes an article by Simon Stokes on the Otter Trail
- June 2013: The Otter Trail Group launch an on-line petition to allow the public to register their support.
- May 2013: Sustrans select Ottery’s Connect 2 Bridge as one of the best examples of community development in the country.
- Nov 2012: CTC Exeter Newsletter
- Oct 2012: Express & Echo
- Sep 2012: Local Councillor Claire Wright Supports Trail
- Jul 2012: Ottery Gazette
- East Devon Cycle Path Facebook Page
- Map of Proposed Route between Feniton and Ottery St Mary
- Map of Proposed Route between Feniton, Ottery St Mary, Tipton and Sidmouth
- Photos of Proposed Route
- Geolocated Photos along Proposed Route
If you would like to become involved or learn more about the Trail please contact us.