Proposed Cycle Route – Feniton to Ottery St Mary
Pupils at The King’s School, Ottery St Mary are proposing a new shared use cycleway which follows the old railway track starting at Feniton through to Ottery St Mary. This will eventually link up with a continuation through Tipton St John and onto Sidmouth.
This web site is used to help you access up-to-date information about progress.
Between 80 and 100 residents flocked to Ottery’s Land of Canaan car park on 21 September for the start of a family cycle ride to Escot Park.
The event, organised by the Otter Trail cycle way campaign group, made an impact on the streets of Ottery, with the colourful “peloton” doing a quick and dramatic tour of Ottery town, before heading back to the Land of Canaan car park and over the new Connect-2 bridge.
- Some photos from the Community Bike Ride from Ottery St Mary to Escot.
In The News
- October 2013: Claire Wright reports on the Family Fun Ride in our Newsletter
- August 2013: Jo Elliot pens the latest Newsletter
- July 2013: The Otter Trail is featured in the Express and Echo
- July 2013: The Ottery Gazette publishes an article by Simon Stokes on the Otter Trail
- June 2013: The Otter Trail Group launch an on-line petition to allow the public to register their support.
- May 2013: Sustrans select Ottery’s Connect 2 Bridge as one of the best examples of community development in the country.
- Nov 2012: CTC Exeter Newsletter
- Oct 2012: Express & Echo
- Sep 2012: Local Councillor Claire Wright Supports Trail
- Jul 2012: Ottery Gazette
If you would like to become involved or learn more about the Trail please contact us.